|Contact The National Beta Club|
|The National Beta Club has been encouraging and developing leadership skills in America's youth since 1934. The ability to lead creates the conditions that enable others to be as productive and successful as they can be. One who is able to lead is able to accomplish extraordinary things by employing and maximizing their own strengths. The commitment to lead is vital in the establishment and defining of goals. A true leader is able to inspire trust, resolve conflicts, motivate others to their highest achievement, and most importantly be of service to others.||Dr. John W. Harris|
Leadership skills can be learned and developed. The National Beta Club works with its membership to develop these skills by offering several opportunities:
- The Broyhill Leadership Conference
- State Sponsored Leadership Academies
- The John W. Harris Leadership Award
- National and State Officer Leadership Training
- Regional Leadership Summits
The John W. Harris Leadership Award is one way that The National Beta Club recognizes outstanding leadership exhibited by its junior and senior members.
- The John W. Harris Leadership Award is named in honor of The National Beta Club’s beloved founder and provides national recognition to 50 of The National Beta Club’s most deserving members.
- Each year sponsors may nominate, from their chapter’s qualifying members, one member who best exemplifies the ideal of leadership.
- The 25 National Beta Club members and 25 National Junior Beta Club members chosen as recipients will receive a leadership award, certificate, and paid tuition to attend the Broyhill Leadership Conference the following summer.