12th grade Senior Beta members, duly registered with the national headquarters as of June 30, 2016, are eligible to apply for a National Beta Scholarship.
Selection of National Beta Scholarship winners is based on a number of factors, with an emphasis on academic excellence, demonstrated leadership, commendable character, school and community service, as well as participation in National Beta Club activities.
The scholarship application process occurs in two phases.
Eligible 12th grade Senior Beta members may apply for a National Beta Scholarship by the deadline date of January 26, 2017. All applicants will be notified the week of February 20, 2017, if they have been selected as a semifinalist.
Beta members selected as semifinalists are required to submit additional materials, such as essays and letters of recommendation. A complete list of required materials will be made known to those applicants. Semifinalists’ materials are due by March 23, 2017.
How to Apply:
- Beginning November 1, 2016, you may access the National Beta Scholarship application online.
- Create an account by entering your email address, password and date of birth.
- Enter your National Beta membership identification number and chapter information to gain access to the application—if you do not have this information, please ask your Beta Club Sponsor.
- Complete the application.
- You are required to submit your high school transcript and your ACT or SAT scores. Copies of these documents can be uploaded directly into your application. Your documentation will be verified for authenticity by International Scholarship and Tuition Services (ISTS).
- Submit your completed application and mail the $15 application fee by January 26, 2017.
- Mail the $15 application fee to International Scholarship and Tuition Services, 1321 Murfreesboro Road Suite 800, Nashville, TN 37217; mail must arrive by the application deadline of January 26, 2017. Receipt of your application fee will be acknowledged on your ISTS account home page. (Make check payable to International Scholarship and Tuition Services.)
Semifinalists will receive further application instructions from ISTS the week of February 20, 2017. National Beta Club Scholarship Winners will be announced the week of May 1, 2017.
If you have questions regarding the online application, please contact International Scholarship and Tuition Services at 855-670-4787.
Phase 1: Application deadline is January 26, 2017.
Phase 2: Semifinalists deadline for submitting materials is March 23, 2017.