12th grade Senior Beta members, registered with the national headquarters as of November 1, 2017, are eligible to apply for a National Beta Scholarship.
Selection of National Beta Scholarship winners is based on a number of factors, with an emphasis on academic excellence, demonstrated leadership, commendable character, school and community service, as well as participation in National Beta Club activities.
The scholarship application process occurs in two phases.
Eligible 12th grade Senior Beta members may apply for a National Beta Scholarship by the deadline date of January 25, 2018. All applicants will be notified the week of February 19, 2018, if they have been selected as a semifinalist.
Beta members selected as semifinalists are required to submit additional materials, such as essays and letters of recommendation. A complete list of required materials will be made known to those applicants. Semifinalists’ materials are due by March 22, 2018.
How to Apply:
- Beginning November 1, 2017, you may access the National Beta Scholarship application online.
- Enter your National Beta membership identification number and last name to gain access to the application—if you do not have this information, please ask your Beta Club Sponsor.
- Complete the application.
- You are required to submit your high school transcript and your ACT or SAT scores. Copies of these documents can be uploaded directly into your application. Your documentation will be verified for authenticity.
- Submit your completed application and pay the $15 processing fee (via credit card) by January 25, 2018.
Semifinalists will receive further application instructions the week of February 19, 2018. National Beta Club Scholarship Winners will be announced the week of May 1, 2018.
Phase 1: Application deadline is January 25, 2018.
Phase 2: Semifinalists deadline for submitting materials is March 22, 2018.